Maria Shriver's Divorce with Arnold Schwarzenegger — Insight into Their Relationship
- Date of Birth Nov 06, 1955
- Age 68 Years, 0 Months
- Nationality American
- Birth Place Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Birth Name Maria Owings Shrive
- Profession Journalist
- Career 1972-present
- Relationship Status Single
- Divorce/Split 2011(Split)
- Wedding Date April 26, 1986
- Net Worth $200 Million
- Ethnicity/Race Mixed (German, Irish, Scottish, English, Dutch, and French Huguenot)
- Father Sargent Shriver
- Mother Eunice Kennedy Shriver
- Brother/s Timothy Shriver, Bobby Shriver, Mark Shriver, Anthony Shriver
- High School Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart, Westland Middle School
- College Georgetown University, Manhattanville College
- Height/ How Tall? 5' 5½"
- Hair Long
- Hair Color Brown
- Official Site https://mariashriver.com/
- Son/s Patrick Schwarzenegger, Christopher Schwarzenegger
- Daughter/s Katherine Schwarzenegger, Christina Schwarzenegger
- Children/Kids 4
- Ex-Husband Arnold Schwarzenegger(1986–2017))
- Awards Primetime Emmy Awards For Outstanding Children's Nonfiction Program
- Nominees Primetime Emmy Awards For Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special
- Siblings 4
- Eye Color Blue
Maria Shriver filed for divorce with her husband of thirty years, Arnold Schwarzenegger, after discovering her husband's extramarital affair.
Shriver and The Terminator actor were a dream couple. Their relationship blossomed after their first meeting at the RFK Pro-Celebrity Tennis Tournament in 1977. After dating for nine years, they tied the wedding knots. The nuptial took place at the Kennedy compound in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, on April 26, 1986.
The married duo welcomed four kids: Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt, Christian Schwarzenegger, Patrick Schwarzenegger, and Christopher Schwarzenegger.
She is a gift to all, especially to me. Thank you, my sweetheart for making me a mama & for being such an amazing daughter. @KSchwarzenegger, I wish you the happiest of birthdays! Love you to the moon and back, âÂ¤ï¸ÂMommy. ðŸŒ™ #happybirthdaykatherine pic.twitter.com/VJAGMbT2L7 — Maria Shriver (@mariashriver) December 13, 2020
But the seemingly happy family-of-six went through a hard time as the news of Arnold's infidelity surfaced out in 2011.
Arnold had an extramarital affair with their housekeeper, Mildred Patricia, and had a child named Joseph Baena. Though the cheating had happened decades ago, it took a toll on his marriage with Shriver.
The 'What's Heaven' author moved out from their Brentwood, LA house and filed for divorce on July 1, 2011, citing "irreconcilable differences."
She even shared a joint statement to announce their separation, "After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion, and prayer, we came to this decision together. At this time, we are living apart while we work on the future of our relationship,"
Schwarzenegger confessed to his cheating and referred to his infidelity as "major, major screw-up." He even asserted that he deserved the anger and disappointments.
There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry.
Despite all the hurdles, the divorce between Shriver and her estranged husband hasn't been finalized yet. And when the divorce is on a halt, it seems they have dealt with the bad blood and reunited as friends for the sake of their children.
You don't want to miss: Who Is Danielle Busby's Father? Wiki: Parents, Net Worth | Pregnant At Age 34?
The exes got together to celebrate the graduation of their son, Christopher Schwarzenegger, in early 2020.
They also met their children Patrick, Katherine, and son-in-law, Chris Pratt, in March 2020, in Brentwood, Los Angeles.
Although Shriver reunited with her ex-partner, their relationship now is nothing more than friendship: the former governor of California is dating his long-time partner, Heather Milligan. They have been together since at least 2013.